..:Yahtzee:..

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Nearly Perfect Wedding

My friend Gordon got married this weekend in Austin to a really great woman called Yvonne. The ceremony and reception was fabulous. Although it was an outdoor event, the weather wasn't all that bad. There was a gentle breeze breaking through here and there that brought some relief, so that was a good thing. I say it was a nearly perfect wedding because I had an incident about 10 minutes before we left. I was helping move some stuff from the chapel to the cars, and thought that there were 3 steps instead of 4. So after the third step, I take a dive and severely roll my ankle. Right now, I have a cankle and it's beginning to get some nice black and blue discoloration. It hurts like nobody's business, but hopefully it's only a high ankle sprain and nothing more. If things don't settle down by the end of tomorrow, I think I may need to stop by a hospital and get some x-rays.

Needless to say, I'm really pissed right now that I pulled such a boneheaded move and did in my ankle doing something as simple as moving a crate full of wires.

1 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, Blogger indigo:actress, entertainter, jew-ess... said...

sigh.. only bad things happen when one leaves the house...
sorry to hear you're in pain bud...
happy healing!
xoxo
the hermit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home