..:Yahtzee:..

Friday, June 09, 2006

Massive

Since this past Saturday, I've been in Detroit, Michigan and Austin, Texas. It's really great to be back in the USA, but after being in Canada for a while, I've noticed that most everything here is absurdly large, especially the food. Allow me to elaborate.

I previously posted about a burrito the size of my forearm. I don't know why I ordered it, but I think I have to chock it up to peer pressure. At the table next to us, someone ordered a burrito as well, and we were all oohing and aahing at how big it was. When we asked our server what size it was, she said it was the small. When we heard that, we were left with our jaws gaping in horror of what the large looked like. I knew that I wouldn't be able to finish the large, but my friends said I order the large because they wanted to take a picture.

Here in Texas, the saying goes 'Everything's bigger in Texas'. Let me say that this is no lie. In most other parts of North America, a bottle of pop is typically somewhere between 20 oz. to 2 Liters. Here in Texas, the soda aisle is lined with rows of 3 liter bottles of pop.

In Canada, most restaurants don't offer unlimited refills for beverages. Here in the US, unlimited refills is a given. And here in Texas, some places offer unlimited refills on sides for your main course.

Needless to say, I think I've sent my body into shock with so much food. This is really weird for me to say, but I'm looking forward to going back to Canada so I can stop eating so friggin' much. I'm such a Fatty McFatterson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home