..:Yahtzee:..

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Almost Done

I took another carload of goodies over to Hamilton today. Thanks to the Neudorf's and the lovely Melissa Burleigh, I have places to store all my stuff and somewhere to stay between the time I move out and when I can move into my new place. Such nice people. Next on my list: getting Zoe to be my friend again. Apparently, I spooked her on Wednesday with an overdose of sarcasm and jokes. When I was at the Neudorf's today, she spent the entire time lying face down in their recliner. I tried to mend things between us by using my gentle kid voice and reading her a book, but I think that probably made it worse. Perhaps I will try a different tactic next time by goading her with some candies. Maybe some skittles or cotton candy. If that doesn't work, I will have to resort to hypnosis or some shock therapy, but hopefully it won't have to come down to that. But mark my words: Zoe and I will be friends.

4 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zoe loves people who love her. Turn your charisma down a notch, play a little hard to get, and watch what happens. And candy will work too.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Jaci said...

Puppets. Ask her to do a puppet show. She's a little actress in nursery - loves to be "on stage".

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Kev Chen said...

Huzzah!! Zoe and I are now friends!! Apparently, she recently read a book on not talking to strangers, and I guess she thought I was one of the people the book said not to talk to. And to think, I was gonna drop a couple bucks on candy. Three cheers to the cheap-o way out of things!!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Randell said...

For the fear you inflicted for that one day, I think you still owe a little candy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home