..:Yahtzee:..

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Insomnia

Ok...this whole 'I can't sleep thing' is seriously getting on my nerves. I get home at around 11:30pm and being the evening ritual of preparing for bed. I floss, brush my teeth, change and rub my belly 16 1/2 times for luck and a good night's sleep. 1:30am rolls around and I'm wide away. I pop a benadryl in hope of being able to go to sleep, but so far, no dice. Some of you are thinking 'Benadryl? Who takes benadryl to sleep?' If you check the active ingredients of any over the counter sleep aid, you'll discover that they're exactly the same as what's in Benadryl. When my bro the pharmacist told me this, I thought he was lying. I mean, this is the same guy who said I have Diabetes because I once went to the bathroom after every ride. What he failed to realize was I kept chugging Gatorade on a cool day and instead of sweating it all out, I needed to pee it out. Genius my brother is. Anyways, I digress.

I'm really beginning to wonder if there's something going on. Perhaps there's something on my mind that's keeping me up at night, or maybe I'm finally facing the repercussions of drinking way too much coffee. Either way, I need sleep, and I'm beginning to consider some more 'radical' options to knock myself out. Maybe I should run head first into the wall and knock myself out, or pay someone to take a bat to my head come midnight. Or, I could possibly hire a myriad of jabberwocky to stick some friggin' forks into me, which will hence forth send me into a deep slumber. Either way, trying to get natural sleep has been failing me these last couple weeks, and desperate times are beginning to becon desperate measures.

I wonder if putting alligator clips on my nipples will do the trick.

4 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're doing pretty well grammatically for a guy with no sleep. I'm not even literate after midnight.

Marsh

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Rachel Pede said...

I vote for those jabberwockies!!!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Jaci said...

I wouldn't recommend alligator clips however one big thing is if you haven't fallen asleep in a reasonable amount of time (whatever it used to take you to fall asleep) get up. Go to a couch, the floor, anywhere but your bed. Do something else for 15 minutes and try again. The longer you lie there not sleeping the more confused your body gets. Oh and my mom always said when you really can't sleep, read Leviticus. Good luck!

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Kev Chen said...

In the past week, I've had many conversations with people who are having issues with sleeping. Hopefully this doesn't become an epidemic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home