..:Yahtzee:..

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Good Times

This past Thursday, I decided to christen my new temporary place of housing at the Burleigh's with a time of eats and laughs with some FRWY peeps. Before I begin, I must say that I REALLY wished that more people could have come over, so if you weren't there, let me say that I wished that you were.

The day began and ended with food. In the morning, I got to make breakfast for Melissa. It was kinda fun b/c I used whatever was in the house to make some eats. There's a show called 'Doorknock Dinners' on the Food Network where a chef goes into some random person's house and makes a gourmet meal. The only difference between what I did and what they do on the show is that I'm no chef, and it was no gourmet meal. Actually, there's no correlation. Forgive my random tangent.

After Melissa left for work, I promptly went back to bed for a few hours. After I woke up, I went grocery shopping for the ingredients for dinner. On the menu was a meat lasagna and a vegetarian lasagna. I was cool with the meat one b/c I've made it before, but I was kinda worried about the vegetarian one b/c I've never made it before. But according to those who ate it, they said it was good. I guess I'll have to take their word for it.

Overall, I had a really great time cooking and hanging out with my 'new family'. It was so satisfying to know that a simple meal can bring people together to chat, laugh and insult one another. Thanks everyone for coming and making me feel like I belong here in Hamilton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home