..:Yahtzee:..

Saturday, June 03, 2006

In The D

I left this morning with a couple friends to spend a few days in Detroit. The drive itself was both fun and uneventful, but when I got home, I was greeted by my dad working in the backyard, my dog barking up a storm and acting like a little punk, and a stack of packages. As of this afternoon, I have:

1 pair of shoes
2 pairs of sandals
1 charger for my computer
1 package for Jason Church
1 package for Adam K
2 Packages for my bud Al
and 1 partridge in a pear tree.

After a brief Christmas in June with all the packages and school girl giggles, I head out to Target with some eats for her during her lunch break. When I get there, she says that she didn't know that I was coming home this weekend, and she asks if I'm going out for dinner with her and Dad. I say no because I was planning on going to visit my students who have their youth group gathering tonight. Then she says something that totally rocks me to the core. She says 'But it's our anniversary'. At that, my face turns completely blank and I say 'What? It is?', which sends my friends into this frenzy of laughter at my expense.

I, my friends, am an idiot.

3 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAHOOO!!!! Thanks Kevin for picking up my package. Hope you bring it to FRWY tommorow.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Kev Chen said...

Yo JC,

Sorry, but I won't be at the FRWY tomorrow, but I'll leave it with someone so you can pick it up from them.

KC

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks buddy, I'm not in rush for it anyways, but just excited to get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home