..:Yahtzee:..

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Heading Home

I'm at the Baltimore airport chillin', and lo and behold, there's FREE wireless internet!! What a major score for the Chenster. The trip home has been pretty good so far. On the flight from Austin to Baltimore, I was able to board early b/c of my bum ankle, so I got first pick on what seat I wanted. As I was boarding, one of the gate attendants asked if I needed any assistance after landing in Baltimore. I said yes, but asked if it was a wheelchair or a motorized cart. She said she didn't know, so I decided to wait and see. If there was a motorized cart, I was gonna hop on, but if it was a wheelchair, I was gonna walk. Just my luck, it was a wheelchair, so I walked on by. Fortunately, my gate wasn't very far away, so I didn't have to walk very far.

I was asleep for most of the flight, so it was pretty quick. But the only annoying bit was sitting next to a guy who really liked the arm rest. So much so, that his elbow kept spilling over and hitting my arm and side. This guy was quite hairy, so everytime I touched his arm, it felt like I was rubbing up against some furry animal. Fortunately, I'm not very hairy, or else there could have been a potential incident of our hairs interlocking into some sort of crazy velco action and getting stuck. Anyways, I kept readjusting myself to not touch him, but to no avail. There's just not much space on these aircrafts. Sometimes I have personal space issues, and apparently today was one of those days.

Ankle update:
Posted new pictures today. Before you click, read this disclaimer:

THESE PICTURES ARE NOT PLEASANT.

The fortunate thing is that although my ankle looks absolutely nasty, it's feeling much better. I've gotten back about 60% of my mobility, which seems quite surprising for spraining it only 3 days ago. The only thing is that after the flight from Austin to Baltimore, my foot swelled up and I had a hard time getting my sandal on.

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Carolynn said...

KEVIN... Have you had it checked? It looks like it is broken!!!!

My Mom did something similar to herself, waited too long, it was broken and now has permanent damage.

Take care and see you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home