..:Yahtzee:..

Monday, June 12, 2006

Ankle Update, and Then Some

Well, it's been over 24 hours since my ankle got owned yesterday at the wedding, and it's getting better. Unfortunately, it looks absolutely horrendous. There's some mad bruising all over the outside and inside of my ankle, and it's still relatively swollen. According to a physical therapist I spoke with today, he said that the bruising and reduced swelling is a good thing, so I think I'm on the road to recovery. I've been taking pictures of my ankle every day to track the progress of this bad boy. FYI, they're pretty gross. I gotta give some mad props to my friend Joyce who hooked me up with an ace bandage and a ziploc full of drugs. Everytime I pull out the pills, people give me weird looks, but hey, I'm not popping the pills for the approval of others.

This afternoon, I had my first drink of homemade beer. Joyce's brother, Melvin, brews his own beer, and he's got some wicked sweet stuff goin' on. Imagine this: There's an upright refrigerator in his garage with 2 taps on the outside. You pull either tap, and you get different types of beer, both of which are very tasty. Needless to say, when I'm back in Austin this July, I'm gonna have to stop by his house and score s'more of his home brew.

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Margie said...

Pills and beer...

disaproval mother look going your way...

 
At 5:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude those pics are sick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home