..:Yahtzee:..

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hair

Last night, while chatting in the company of Pernell, Margie and Jen, conversation turned to the topic of hair. Originally, I had planned on shaving this bad boy because it's become rather unmanagable as of late. I was thinking of either a flat out shaved head, or getting a mohawk again. In what I consider via hindsight to be a rather choice comment made by Jen, she jokingly grabbed her hair and said to Margie 'Wanna donate to Locks of Love?' To which my internal monologue scoffed and said 'Idiot. You're not gonna do it.' Little did I know that what Jen said that evening has been resonating in my brain like the bells of Notre Dame. What if, instead of shaving it off, I let it keep growing and actually do something useful with it instead of worrying about why this friggin' gel won't keep this crap in place? Hmmm...I think I'm gonna do it. And to Jen Kellner, my internal monologue has told me to apologizes to you on its behalf for accusing you of being an idiot. It has learned the errs of its ways and wishes to extend its deepest apologies through the form of a cherry flavored Ricola herb throat lozenge and a FRWY cookie of your choosing. Anyways, I wanna know what y'all think. Have any of you donated to Locks of Love? Love to hear some stories.

6 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger indigo:actress, entertainter, jew-ess... said...

i have a male friend who does it every year...
i think you shoudld do it...
charity over vanity... (personally, vanity is my favorite sin...)

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Jaci said...

I've never done it but I think it's an awesome idea.

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our friends Pete & Cherie's 10 year old Jodey cut her beautiful long hair this summer for cancer. Her decision. Gets my choked up just thinking of a kid's compassion for others....

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

melvin did that. he kept getting mistaken for a girl...

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Go right ahead and donate it to locks of love!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P



hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahhahaha


sam

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did it the year zoe was born. Never thought my long hair meant anything to me until I saw my "shorn" head in the mirror! But I'm thinking of doing it again. Actually, I've thought of doing it regularly and see how many donations I can squeeze out during my lifetime (or until my hair turns completly grey!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home