..:Yahtzee:..

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Blah, Blah, Blah

An imaginary conversation with myself that happened in my head today:

Hey Kevin, whatcha up to these days?
Writing papers, baby.
Is that it? Have you gotten chance to do much of anything else lately?
Nope. Writing papers.
Really? That's sad.
You're tellin' me, dude.

Granted, this conversation was fictitious, but that's kinda how I feel. For the past couple months, it seems like all I've done is write papers. Although I have nobody to blame but myself for my propensity to procrastinate, I wish I had gone down the other path of getting these papers done on time so I wouldn't have to be feeling what I'm feeling right now: A blend of resentment, pressure, anxiety, and stress, all due to these papers. I think the only thing getting me through this is knowing that I started this summer with 26 papers and am down to 6. Some have been commending me for getting so many done, but the fact of the matter is even if I've got 1 left, I still haven't accomplished my goal and may have to face the firing squad come next Wednesday.

The junkiest thing is there are some assignments that I think could be really great papers to research and write about, but because of the lack of time, I have to make due with what I've got. And since I've been staring at my computer screen so long, every thought that finds its way into the word document seems like a drawn out conversation with Charlie Brown's teacher, where it's more noise than anything coherent.

What, Mrs. Donovan? This reseach paper is about the gender of God?
[wah wah wah wah wah wah wah]
I see. Well, what if we take into consideration the fact that in the Hebrew language, the definite article 'It' does not exist, so everything is either a 'He' or a 'She'.
[wah wah wah wah wah wah wah]
I understand, but here's the thing. The titles for God are all masculine, but the spirit of God is feminine. What does that say about the gender of God? Does God have both a penis and a vagina, or neither at all?
[WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH!!!!!!!!!]
Sorry, Mrs. Donovan. I won't talk like that anymore.
[wah wah wah wah wah wah wah]
Ok, Mrs. Donovan. I'll go wash my mouth out with soap.


You may be asking 'Well, what's the worst that can happen if you don't finish these papers by next Wednesday?' I'll tell you what'll happen. I'm gonna have to repeat these courses because I will have received a friggin' F for the courses I haven't completed the assignments for. And honestly, I don't have the benjamins, nor the desire to repeat anything, although it'll be more reason for me to stick around Canada as a student...

Anyways, I'm currently in the basement of the FRWY packing up my crap and getting ready to step out in front of a bus in the hopes of finding temporary relief from my misery. Do you think Tyndale will give me an extension if I'm in a full body cast? I guess we'll have to wait and see, won't we?

4 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to be blunt. But stop blogging and start putting your time to better use and finish writing those papers. You can "cry yourself a river" of JOY when you finish vs. tears of suicidal thoughts because you failed. Ok, maybe not suicidal, but you get the point. All in all, Godspeed.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Kev Chen said...

Yeah, that comment doesn't help. In fact, your insensitivity is really bothering me, so please keep your rude comments to yourself and stick 'em somewhere else. Oh, and by the way, just because you preempt what you say with 'sorry', doesn't mean you should say it. For example: Sorry to be so blunt. But you are a shit face.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Rich said...

Hearing voices in your head? Does it echo? Mine do and it drives me nuts!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Kev Chen said...

Nah, not much of an echo. Have you seen 'A Beautiful Mind' where the Russell Crowe character has 3 imaginary friends? That how it play itself out sometimes, except I'm not a genius, and I don't see Paul Bettany nor do I see Ed Harris. But seriously, I think I've found myself having literal and audible conversations with nobody. I think I'm going nuts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home