I spent the weekend up in Cottage Country. I've never been there before, so didn't know what to expect. Fortunately, I was with really great people, so it was a wonderful experiences. A few memorable experiences:
* Multiple paddle boat rides, one of which was at 9 O'Clock in the evening. With only the moonlight and a monster flashlight, saw a whole bunch of bats flying around. A couple got really close, which caused us to periodically freak out.
* Hella good eats.
* Movies indoors while the rain watered outdoors.
* Walks around the forest in search of bears.
* Campfire. Nuf said.
* Incorrectly chopping wood that brought me 2 inches away from cutting off my own leg.
* Lounging around the dock, sipping beverages, eating cheetos, and reading.
* Writing a paper and bringing my assignment count down to 8.
* Getting pwned by mosquitos.
* Learning that I am probably the most gullible camper in the world. Example:
The italics is my part of the conversation.
'Are there sharks?'
'Yea, small little fresh water ones.'
'Are you serious? There aren't any sharks!'
* Putting my foot in my mouth more times than I care to remember.
* Learning that I can be really insensitive with my words and body language to people who are tremendously caring.
Overall, it was a really great experience. Being the internet junkie I am, I didn't crave the net, nor was I itching to check my email, shop for shoes, or check the sports scores. Who knows, maybe there's a place for Cottage Country in my heart after all.