..:Yahtzee:..

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Assorted

In completely random order, here's my completely random post.

--------

Apparently, I look Mexican. According to our FRWY friend Jenny, she thought that I was from Mexico. From my recollection, here's how the conversation went down.

Jenny: I have this really nice bandana of the US flag.
Natasha(or Rachel, I can't remember): Nice. Kevin would like that. He's from the US.
Jenny: He is? I thought he was Mexican. (turns to look directly at me) Are you from Mexico?
Me: Um, I don't think so?
Natasha and Rachel: ***Muffled laughter at my misfortune.***

Not only am I the only Asian at the FRWY, I am also the only Mexican. Or as my fellow FRWY minority Adrian says, 'You're Mexicasian!!'

In celebration of my newly adopted ethnicity, I saw this t-shirt and had to take a picture of it. Ladies, feel free to do as it says.

--------

I don't know what it is with me and rodents, but they seem to be everywhere that I am. First, I have mice at my place here in Hamilton. Then when I'm back in Michigan this past weekend, my dad and I find this squirrel/hamster/rat looking thing sleeping in our drapes and drinking the water from a nearby plant dish. This thing was burrowed near the middle of the drapes that looks like this, just sleeping as if it paid rent to live there. When my dad and I tried to catch it, it was hilarious. We kept thinking of what tools to use. One idea was to get two colanders to catch it. Realized that it was a dumb. An even dumber idea was to use one of the colanders and a laundary basket. You'd think that two engineers would be more creative and think of something better, but I guess rodent disposal isn't our thing. Finally, the course of action we decided on was for me to block off one side with a large wooden spatula, and my dad standing on the other side with a plastic bag. The plan was for me to chase it towards my dad, who would swiftly catch it in the bag. I found myself poking at it with a stick, and I honestly thought I saw this thing look at me and give the a 'what-the-crap-do-you-think-you're-doing?' look. After several minutes of poking it, the thing ran towards my dad and jumped into the plastic bag. He immediately tied it up and looked as it he was going to start whacking it against the floor. Instead, I suggested that I let it go outside. So off I went, setting this thing free into the vast land we call Detroit. Is it alive? Did it go into someone elses' house? This is all a mystery to me. All I know is that rodents suck.

--------

I gave Jen a ride home this evening after our shift at the cafe. On the way back, she was telling me all about her new job and gushing on and on about how much she loves what she's doing. As she was talking about something relatively serious, I noticed this sign on the side of the road that made me begin laughing. She stopped talking and asked 'What?!' I said 'We just passed a sign that read 'We Wax Nose Hairs'. I then proceeded to turn around and drive by it again so she could see it. The sign was so awesome that I had to stop the car, get out, and snap a picture. Here it is.



I didn't know this was even possible, but apparently it can be done. Can you say 'OUCH!!!!!!'

--------

On a day that was intended to be spent on writing papers, it was diverted to a higher calling. On this day, I've done something I have never done before. I purchased 6 pairs of shoes online today. The crazy thing is none of them were for me!! Is online shoe shopping the wave of the future? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

1 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it doesn't hurt that bad. the inside of the nostral agaisnt the bridge is the most painful and makes you sneeze. But it's all worth it when you take that first clear breath in!



kevin is my shoe pimp daddy and i love it! thanks kevin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home