..:Yahtzee:..

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Little Miss Sunshine

A few weeks ago, I learned of a free screening for the movie 'Little Miss Sunshine' in Austin at the same time I was going to be here. I signed up to get free tickets for myself and 6 other people. Let me tell you, this movie was nothing short of amazing. It's difficult to describe this movie because I haven't seen anything like it, but for the sake of comparison, I would liken this movie to a rated R Napoleon Dynamite with smarter dialogue and some more mature themes. Throughout the movie, there is a gentle weaving of a coming of age story with experiences of failure, loss, self realization and spirituality. All the while, humor, good acting and great music fill any potential gaps of losing the audience.

It seemed to be the shared feeling between those I saw the movie with that this was one of the funniest and smartest films we have seen in a long time. What caps this movie off was the fact that it was ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!! They are still offering free scrennings all over North America, so if you're interested, check to see if it's showing in your city or a city near by. If you do choose to go, not only will you need to print out the email you receive after signing up, but get there early. The movie started at 7:30pm, and we got there at 6:15pm. By 6:30pm, the line was out the door. My suggestion is get a group of friends to go along and make an evening out of it. Trust me, it'll be an evening to remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home