..:Yahtzee:..

Monday, July 17, 2006

Greetings from Nawlins!!

Hot snaps!! Free wireless internet's a bugger to find here, yo!! There's free wireless internet available in the French Quarter, but for some reason, we can only get it outside. Nathan and I are sitting in a McDonalds close to the windows and getting the tiniest bit of signal. Oh well, something's better than nothing!! Anyways, After a 21 hour trek, Melissa, Kristyn, Nathan, Pernell and myself arrived safely with a few minor hitches here and there, mostly due to the tardiness of yours truly. Apparently, my communication skills between others kinda sucks because I had to go home to pick up something that I didn't need because Pernell already had it. Such a dope I am. Anyways, the road trip was chock full of conversation, music and insults. A few highlights:
http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif
* Trying to get Melissa to swear and drop the F-bomb. The only thing I incite out of her is anger and a powerful punch to the arm. I guess that was a step in the right direction.

* Going inside and paying for gas while everyone hops into the car and drives off down the road to a burger joint. After walking down the street in absurdly hot weather, I was greeted with laughs and finger pointing. No worries, I shall return the love of Christ in the form of pooping in their dinner.

* Watching 3 episodes of Friends on my laptop with Melissa and Kristyn. For future reference, computer speakers just don't cut it over the music and the wind noise.

* Driving all through the night is actually a lot of fun.

* Road tripping with Pernell, Kristyn, Nathan and Melissa is the bomb.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to blog more about our experience here. If not, the 5 of us will be doing a panel discussion at this Sunday's FRWY gathering. Thanks in advance for all your prayers, support and encouragement.

3 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like your typical missions trip - trying to get people to swear.

So glad you guys are having fun - can't wait to hear all about it!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Jaci said...

Glad you got there safely and are having fun! Be careful....good luck on Sunday Rich and I will be away but we'll be thinking of you!

 
At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home