Greetings from Nawlins!!
Hot snaps!! Free wireless internet's a bugger to find here, yo!! There's free wireless internet available in the French Quarter, but for some reason, we can only get it outside. Nathan and I are sitting in a McDonalds close to the windows and getting the tiniest bit of signal. Oh well, something's better than nothing!! Anyways, After a 21 hour trek, Melissa, Kristyn, Nathan, Pernell and myself arrived safely with a few minor hitches here and there, mostly due to the tardiness of yours truly. Apparently, my communication skills between others kinda sucks because I had to go home to pick up something that I didn't need because Pernell already had it. Such a dope I am. Anyways, the road trip was chock full of conversation, music and insults. A few highlights:
* Trying to get Melissa to swear and drop the F-bomb. The only thing I incite out of her is anger and a powerful punch to the arm. I guess that was a step in the right direction.
* Going inside and paying for gas while everyone hops into the car and drives off down the road to a burger joint. After walking down the street in absurdly hot weather, I was greeted with laughs and finger pointing. No worries, I shall return the love of Christ in the form of pooping in their dinner.
* Watching 3 episodes of Friends on my laptop with Melissa and Kristyn. For future reference, computer speakers just don't cut it over the music and the wind noise.
* Driving all through the night is actually a lot of fun.
* Road tripping with Pernell, Kristyn, Nathan and Melissa is the bomb.
Hopefully we'll get a chance to blog more about our experience here. If not, the 5 of us will be doing a panel discussion at this Sunday's FRWY gathering. Thanks in advance for all your prayers, support and encouragement.