..:Yahtzee:..

Monday, July 10, 2006

Recommendation

A freak accident happened in my mouth this evening. Let me start from the beginning. I was hanging out with Miranda and Kristyn at Hess Village. Conversation moved to trying to guess Kristyn's ethnic background. She tried to give me some hints such as '(blank) berries' and some other clue which didn't help. (She's part Swedish, by the way). Anyways, we get to talking about different candies and they ask if I've ever had any of the 5 cent candies, and I say no. They're both shocked and appalled and vowed to cease being my friend. I cry and run away. Just kidding. They say that I need to try some of these candies, so after we pay the bill, we walk to a convenience store and pick up some of these candies they were all ranting and raving about. I eat some, and find them to be tasty. Fast forward 30 minutes. I'm chatting with Miranda about the candies and asks me if I kept 'em or threw 'em away. I kept 'em, and as proof, I take a picture of my eating one. It was one of those semi-hard ones and it stuck to all of my teeth. As I was picking it all out, I feel something kinda hard. I move my tongue around my teeth and find this oddly shaped hole. I pull out this hard thing and it was one of my fillings.


A FRIGGIN' GUMMY CANDY RIPPED OUT ONE OF MY FILLINGS!!!!!!!!!!


With all that said, I need some help. I don't have a dentist here in Canada and need to find one. Does anybody have any recommendations on a dentist I can go see? Preferrable someone who's good yet won't charge me an arm and a leg. If you've got anyone in mind, lemme know. Comment here or Email me at sickaction (at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks, friends!!

6 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger indigo:actress, entertainter, jew-ess... said...

dude, i've totally been there.. just last year...
mark munzar
905 525-2545
and i want to say that it was around 80bucks... but i totally can't remember...
(ps, i got this guy via sada)
and they put me in a room w/ a pic of noah's ark...
in the meantime, sugarless gum to block the hole..(ppl made fun of me for using that.. but i found it helped...)
take it easy buddy!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Al said...

We go to Dr. Issa on Upper James. Really nice.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Jaci said...

Swedish Berries rock. I am petrified of dentists and mine is in Burlington but she was awesome. She's young and super - no lectures. Her name is Dr Sue Chincholi and her number is 905-634-3665. Rich has one in Hamilton if you need one closer but apparently he's a dink.

Hope you get it fixed quickly!

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Swedish Berries! When Margie and I were roomies light blue trident gum or swedish berries was the best gift in the world you could recieve from the other. Yummm.....

Our dentist is Dr. Katz and I think he's on Hess St. if I remember right. I haven't actually gone - Mark goes and I took Madi and he seemed really cool and it's a great building - that must say something! Madi thought he was going to be an actual cat when she heard his name and was a bit disappointed to see it was just a person.

 
At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for the 5th time kevin ... IM SO SORRY!
ahhhhhhhh!

heard you got it fixed though - i shall take you out for lunch to repay some of the damage and guilt i feel. but should we stick to soft foods? applesauce and yogurt on me!

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Kev Chen said...

No worries, Miranda. Who would've thought that gummy candies had such power? Besides, the dentist said that the person who put in the original filling didn't do it properly, so it's not all on you. Although, I think I'm gonna take you up on lunch.

And to Noa, Al, Jaci and Krista, thanks so much for your reco's and care. It's so good to know that others care so much about my teeth!! If y'all want, I can let you see the handiwork the dentist did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home