..:Yahtzee:..

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Tuesday Musings

Yet another day spent in Mississauga. Carpooled with Mel B again this morning. After dropping her off, I went to the community center to pump out some work. I thought I had 2 fully charged batteries, but apparently my spare battery was empty, so after milking my only charged battery for every ounce I could squeeze out, I opted for a change in venue. Every now and then, I stop into the Bluenotes outlet store in Sheridan Mall located on Erin Mills Parkway just north of the QEW in hopes of scoring some slick nasty deals. Once I was able to buy 3 track jackets for $10, but today, no such luck. I was feeling kinda sluggish, so I decided to loop around the mall to get the blood flowing. Well, it worked, and I actually found myself gaining more and more energy as I kept walking. But after a while, hunger set in, and I embarked on a mission to get some eats.

Attached to the mall wahttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifs a Dominion grocery store, so I decided to putz around to see if lunch was somewhere to be found within its aisles. Lo and behold, I was able to score!! I bought a banana, a pack of dried apricots, a chicken Caesar salad wrap with bacon, and a small tub of seafood salad. Then I went to the dollar store and picked up a couple cans of drink for $1, and off to lunch I went. Normally, I would've made my way to a park or something and ate on a picnic bench, but since it was cold and rainy, I was relegated to consume my sustenance within the confines of my automobile. Rather depressing, I know, but fortunately, I had my iPod to keep me company. After lunch, I went to a nearby coffee shop to get a hot beverage and score some free wi-fi.

If you're ever in the Winston Churchill/QEW area, there's a Timothy's World Coffee in a plaza near that intersection that has free internet available. It's quick, and has relatively nice decor, although I must say, it's not quite as cozy as the FRWY cafe. With an Irish Cream coffee in hand, I began getting my daily fix of internet surfing. While online, I got to talk to two of my favorite women in the world, Margie and Liz, my preggers sister in-law. Both brought joy to my day, and both I love very, very much.

When the time came, I took off to pick up the Burleigh from her educational domicile. On the drive back, we chatted about this and that, and made fun of one another about this and that. But what made this drive back all the more fun and memorable was playing the music game with her. I dunno if it's a real game, but this is how we played:

I have a playlist on my iPod with over 100 random songs. I would play one, and Melissa would have to try and guess the artist. The maximum number of points she could earn is 10 points per correct answer. If she could correctly identify the artist without any hints, she would get 10 points. But if she needed hints like the number of words in the artist/band's name, one point would come off from the score if she guessed correctly. I've heard Melissa describe herself as someone who doesn't keep up with the music scene, but after the way she killed this game, I must say that she is ONE SUPER LIAR!!!! Case in point: The song that started the game going was one by the musical group Arcade Fire. If someone says they don't keep up with music, but knows the group Arcade Fire is totally playin' you. Anyways, for the better part of the ride, my jaw was gaping open in utter surprise as she was getting song after song after song, and I was doling out high-five's like they were going out of style. A word to the wise: Melissa knows her stuff, so don't let her play you like a cheap 5 dollar fiddle.

After we get back to Hamilton, I go to the cafe and start my regular Tuesday shift. I say regular, but mean it very lightly, because it was everything BUT regular. Instead of working with Jen, I'm partnered up with my fellow ethnic minority, Adrian. Instead of watching the movie, I had the newly moved TV that now has cable hooked up to it on the Cavs-Hawks game, even though the regularly scheduled film 'Supersize Me' was playing in conjunction on the other 2 screens. Instead of the typical crowd that comes out to the Tuesday film nights, I get to share the space with Pam, Rita, Nicole, Kaelyn and Adrian. Instead of taking the normal 30+ minutes to close up, whether on a Tuesday or any other day I get to close, Adrian and I tear the cafe a new one and finish in 17 minutes. Instead of getting home at the normal 11:00pm, I arrive at 10:30.

All in all, today was a good day. What does tomorrow have in store? I dunno, but what I do know is this: I'm super pumped about the Wednesday concert!!!!! If you're free, c'mon out with a can of food and enjoy a free concert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home