..:Yahtzee:..

Monday, October 30, 2006

Uncle Kevin

I'M GONNA BE AN UNCLE!!!!!! HOW FLIPPIN' AWESOME IS THAT?!?!?!?!?!?! While at the FRWY this evening, I was chillin' behind the bar, fixing a hot chocolate for Louise. Half way through, my phone rings and the caller display says it's my little brother Dennis. I haven't talked with him in a while, but I usually chat with his wife, Liz, so imagine my surprise when it was actually Dennis on the other line!! That in itself should've tipped me off, but I guess I'm pretty slow on the uptake. Anyways, we chat for a while about stuff, and about 10 minutes into the conversation, Dennis says 'So, I wanna ask you a question.' To which I reply in a slightly intrigued and mildly excited manner 'Ok?!' He says:

'Would you like to be an uncle?'

My response? I start screaming and yelling in the cafe, jumping up and down and saying 'NO WAY!!!!! NO WAY!!!!!!' And Dennis happily, but calmly says 'Yea, it's on.' I chat with him for a little bit longer, then get to chat with Liz for a little while and hear her preggers stories and experiences.

All I can say is I'm unbelievably excited that my 'lil bro and sis-in-law are having a baby, and I wanted to make sure each and every one of you who reads this blog to share in my excitement and absolute delight. I wonder what kind of uncle I'll be known as. It seems like each family has a nice unkle, a drunk uncle, a pervert uncle, and all the other stereotypical uncles. I have a feeling I'm gonna be the psycho uncle who teaches all the kids how to light their farts and drive their parents absolutely insane. HA!! Can't wait!!

Hmmm...Uncle Kevin. That has a nice ring to it.

7 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Margie said...

Congatulations! I remember when my first neice and nephew were born! It is awesome!

Celebrate you shall. I think you should strive for the drunk uncle... as drunk as they are they are always very nice and often give money to the children (guilt probably)...

Anywhoooo Thanksgiving will be an amazing time this year for your family!

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Jaci said...

Congratulations Uncle Kevin!!!!!!


Miss ya!

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! So much fun when your siblings have babies. SO fun teaching them bad things and spoiling them.

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

strive for whatever uncle you want kev, but we all know you'll end up as the pervert uncle! haha!

kiddding!! you're going to be the BEST uncle eva!!

CONGRATS!!!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger indigo:actress, entertainter, jew-ess... said...

don't teach the kids how light up their farts...(howling....)
that's great... congrats man!
(smthing must be VERY wrong w/ me... when my sister told me she was pregnant... all i kept thinking was...this will only detract attention from ME!)
but i guess in the grand scheme of things, this is a good thing...lol
rock on dude!
xoxo
the hermit

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Kev Chen said...

Thanks for all the well wishes, ladies!! It never occurred to me that being an aunt or uncle is such a huge deal until I became one myself.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Kev Chen said...

AL!!!!!! Thanks baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home