..:Yahtzee:..

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Detroit Whirlwind Tour

I had a fabulous weekend with Jen and Natasha in Detroit. In between all the food, laughter, shopping, sarcasm and mockery, I got to experience what it's like to travel with 2 women. As a guy who grew up as a middle child with two brothers, the only woman I've ever spent a significan amount of time with is my mother, who by the way, absolutely HATES my long hair.
(I tried explaining the whole concept behind locks of love and how it will be donated to a good cause, but I don't think that really persuaded her. In fact, the first thing my mom and dad say to me when I see them is 'Why is your hair so long?' When my mom saw it, she said 'How are y...' but stopped in mid sentence after seeing my hair, and started shaking her head in disappointment. Oh, what a fabulous son I am. But I digress...back to the Detroit recap)

Because I don't feel like using coherent sentences anymore, here's a chronological recap of what we did in Detroit over a 24 hour period of time.

* Crossed the border.
* Got coffee.
* Went to my parents house to drop off our stuff.
* Had Christmas in October by tearing through all the packages that were there for me.
* Went out to a breakfast place for lunch with my Dad and the ladies.
* Stopped by a nearby shopping mall.
* Went to pick up my mom from work.
* Had Chinese food with my parents, cousins and their 2 girls.
* Sorted out all 42 bottles of soap.
* Slept.
* Woke up.
* Drove around downtown Detroit.
* Ate deep dish pizza in Greektown.
* Stopped by a local Tim Hortons.
* Gagged down the coffee and screamed in disgust as to how bad it is and how different it's not the same as a Canadian double double.
* Stopped by a Target store.
* Drove back to the Hammer.

Well, that's my weekend, albeit without the details, but hopefully they'll suffice. Jen and Natasha: Thanks for coming along and treating me like "one of the girls", although I REALLY like my penis and sideburns. Hope you enjoyed your time in Detroit!!

3 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Margie said...

You forgot to write how much you missed Melissa nad me!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Jaci said...

And me!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Kev Chen said...

Ladies, ladies, ladies!! There's plenty of Detroit to go around!! There will definitely be another trip in the very near future, and you two are most definitely invited!! Huzzah!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home