..:Yahtzee:..

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Thanksgiving Part 2

One of worst things about my schooling experience at Tyndale has also been one of the best things: Relationships. My first semester was by far one of the most unbearable experiences I've ever had to endure in my life. When I hear people say they love the people at Tyndale, I cannot but give them the most confused look on my face, followed by the expression 'WTF?!?!?!' I do this because I cannot say I particularly enjoy the fellowship that is to be had from Tyndale folk. By the same token, one of the best relationships I've had the opportunity of being invited into is with a fellow Tyndale student. His name is Chris, and he's in the same program as I'm in. Every Wednesday, along with our friend Wayne, we carpool into school and get to chat, laugh and catch the random snooze here and there. This evening, I was able to partake in another Thanksgiving meal with Chris and his wife, Terry, along with their future son, who is 7-8 weeks away from bursting into this world. I had a tremendously delightful time eating together, playing games with them, chatting about how I am now a Mexican and how I am not Chinese to someone because my eyes aren't slanty enough, and other things that are happening in our lives. It's kinda funny how things have seemed to turn a 180 in my life, where my initial experience here in Canada was so bad that I was dead set on catching the first train after I get my diploma, to thinking that I wouldn't mind staying here for a bit longer. Although relationships, or perhaps the lack there of, can be so painful and discouraging, they can also bring such life, vitality, and wholeness to one's life. This is another example for me as to why the Trinity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is so vital a model for community within the Church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home