..:Yahtzee:..

Friday, November 03, 2006

Benched

I recently joined a fantasy basketball league that consists of some friends, and some strangers. This is the first fantasy pool I've joined, and so far, it's been a lot of fun. That is, until last night.

Of the 15 people on my team, only 3 of them had games. Statistically, two of them had absolutely horrible games, but one had an amazing game of 35 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, and 2 turnovers. I am talking about my boi Sam Cassell. As I watched his stats climb, I got really excited because it looked like I had potential to go from 4th in the league to 3rd. Sounds nice, right? Well, let me explain my dilemma.

Apparently, if one of the players on team is on the bench, their stats don't count towards the final tally. Being the rocket scientist I am, I had Sam Cassell on the bench. So all 35 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 turnovers was all for not. In fact, my mistake caused me to drop from 4th to 5th.

So check your fantasy team, friends. If you've got a player playing a game that day, but they're on the bench, then get that sucka off the bench and let him work for you!! I've learned my lesson the hard way, and I'm still kicking myself as we speak.

3 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger Jason Soper said...

PLease don't kick yourself too hard!!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Margie said...

At least you don't have widowed wife to kick you when you are down...

Not that I would ever be that crull to Pernell (insert evil laugh)

Hope it goes better for you tonight:)

Although Pernell is going to kick your %&$!!!!!

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Kev Chen said...

Jason - Thanks for the encouragement, bro. I'll make sure to stop after the 800th kick.

Margie - Tonight's gone well, and I must say that I am addicted to Fantasy Basketball!! Now, if only I could get onto the court and play some REAL basketball!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home