..:Yahtzee:..

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Canto Prowess

A friend of mine in Texas is getting married in March and has asked me to read scripture during the ceremony. I was totally honored to have been invited to his wedding ceremony, but to be asked to take part in the ceremony? I was all over it!! There only one catch. He's already got somebody lined up to read scripture in English. He's also got someone lined up to read scripture in Hindi. The only language he needed someone to read the scripture in is Cantonese. I can SPEAK Cantonese, but I'm used to reading the Chinese characters in Mandarin. When he asked me and laid everything out, I was a bit hesitant. But how is it possible that I turn down an invitation as awesome as this?!?!

After learning what passage they would like read, I asked a friend of mine here at school to read it to me while I recorded it. The plan is to listen to it over and over and over again until I've got it down pat.

For your viewing pleasure, here's the Chinese text of Psalms 139:1-18. Have a gander. Enjoy the word of the Lord while I sweat bullets trying to memorize this bad boy.



1 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger Margie said...

Is it supposed to be blurry or do you have a lisp?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home