Thursday, February 15, 2007

Canceled...Part 4

Where did we leave off on the 'Where is Chen?'saga? Oh, I remember. I was in the process of being delayed by JetBlue...again. It's been a long day, so I'm gonna cut to the chase and summarize the last 18 hours as succinctly and briefly as possible. Here goes:

My body never touched a plane yesterday. The final flight that I was supposed to fly out on was canceled. In fact, pretty much every JetBlue flight that tried to fly into or out of JFK was canceled. Check out this article. Apparently there were passengers who were sitting on the runway for 9 to 11 hours and didn't go anywhere. It makes my debacle seem like a vacation.

After the announcement was made from the podium that our flights were canceled, I made my way to the desk to get a refund. As they were processing my request, I asked what my options were. They didn't use these words, but they pretty much said 'you're screwed.' They said the next flight from Buffalo to Charlotte was on Monday, which really doesn't help me. After getting my refund for the full amount, I call my bro and tell him the news. Like I said, I'm gonna keep it short, so after all was said and done, we booked a flight for the next morning, as well as a nearby hotel to lay my dirty head. My brother was able to book me a flight using my frequent flyer miles as well as reserve me a hotel room through the fancy schmancy internet. What a resourceful guy. After all that was said and done, I head over to the hotel, where by this time, was already midnight. I check in, change into my sleepwear, and go to sleep, because in about 4 hours, I would have to wake up.

At 6:40am this morning, I finally boarded a plane and made my way to Charlotte with a stop over at Detroit. But to expect a perfect flight after my track record would be pretty insane. During the layover in Detroit, we get news that the plane we were originally supposed to take to Charlotte had a mechanical problem with the light in the landing gear. Needless to say, I got delayed...AGAIN. But this time, it was only for 2 hours. So at around 2pm, I finally arrive at Charlotte, get my bags, meet up with my brother and sister in law, and can FINALLY relax, chill, get some good sleep.


At 5:45 AM, Blogger Jaci said...

Yaaaayy you made it! Have a good vacation!


Post a Comment

<< Home