..:Yahtzee:..

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Canceled...Part 3

Ok...How do I express my frustration without relegating to using profanities? I'm not sure, but it's taking every ounce of self control to not write down what I'm currently muttering under my breath. Here's the current development...

My reschedule flight was supposed to leave at 5:10pm, so I head back to the airport at around 3:00. This time, I bring my bag to check in. As I'm checking in, the agent behind the counter goes through the clickity clacking that an airline ticketing agent does. As she's doing that, I ask them if they happen to have an extra ziploc bag I could have to put my toothpaste in. They say no, but being the scammer I am, I prance over to the Continental ticketing counter and ask, while giving her my sexiest pose: 'Do you have an extra ziploc bag I could have?' She looks around, and gives me one, probably because my sexiness wasn't really sexy to her. It was probably more nauseating, like syrup of ipecac, except in human form.

With baggie in hand, I stroll back to the counter with this dirty smile on my face, as if I had just urinated in public and gotten away with it. As I prepare to get my boarding pass and government issued ID back, I get something completely different. The agent says 'Hi. Your flight just got canceled.'

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

After a good dose of unwarranted shock, I settle back down and ask 'So, um, what are my options?'

'I've rebooked you to the next flight, but that flight's been delayed from a 7:30pm departure to a 9:45pm departure.'

I think to myself 'Well, that's not THAT bad, I guess.' But oh does it get better.

'Well, it's a bit complicated,' the JetBlue representative says. 'By the time you arrive to JFK to catch your connecting flight to Charlotte, as things currently stand, you will be arriving after the last flight to Charlotte leaves. And unfortunately, there aren't any more flights from JFK to Charlotte until Saturday.'

NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND MY FRUSTRATION AND URGE TO FLING PROFANITIES LIKE A MAJOR LEAGUE PITCHER?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!

Anyways, here's how things stand: I'm holding out hope that the flight from JFK to Charlotte gets delayed long enough for me to slide up on into her and hitch a ride outta the state of New York, which has so far been the bane of my existence today. If things don't change, then I'm going to ask for a refund and go to the closest bar and drink my sorrows away. The great thing about that option is I'm a cheap drunk, so I'll drop some bling for 1 drink, and have plenty extra to blow on other extracurricular activities such as...


...well, I'll leave that to your imagination.

Right now, I'm praying that the next time I blog it will be from my brother's condo in Charlotte.

3 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Blogger Jaci said...

I'm in suspense....are you there!?

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Jen K said...

Did you make it?

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Jen K said...

ummm...did anyone else hear about this? check out this story:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2877175

I think the flight was delayed at JFK. poor Kevin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home