Montreal/Ottawa Road Trip
Went on a road trip with Miranda this weekend to Montreal and Ottawa. It was tremendously baller. We spent one day in Montreal and one day in Ottawa, and saw pretty much everything there was to see in these two cities. Originally, I thought that 2 days in 2 cities would be way too short a time to see and do everything, but apparently not for us!! Here's some pictures and mental highlights.
* Eating some amazing food. Poutine, Beaver Tails, Quiche, Chicken and Shrimp Brochettes, Croissants, and some of the best road trip snacks ever.
* Starting the day in Old Montreal, and ending the day in Old Montreal.
* Having dinner in Old Montreal at what appeared to be the town square and feeling like we had been teleported to a European city.
* Scoring $9 all day metro passes and using them 8 times to get our $$'s worth.
* Not getting travel poo.
* Getting reprimanded in a museum in Montreal for being too loud and being dressed inappropriately.
* Check out the nightlife in Montreal and seeing stuff everything, from 6'5 transvestites to sex shops to hukah lounges to chilled out cafe's.
* Finding the US Embassy in Ottawa.
* Taking inappropriate pictures with various statues.
* Developing a 'dirty frenchman' accent and scaring a little boy by saying 'Allo, leetle boy!!'
* Learning a few French words and phrases, but using them incorrectly.
* Walking around Montreal in gorgeous weather.
* Buying coffee and then being asked by the barista if I was in high school.
* Uncontrollable road rage when driving in Ottawa.
* More laughs than you can shake a stick at.
All in all, this trip was one of the best I've ever been on. Too bad more people couldn't have come along, but bon chance we can go again sometime.