..:Yahtzee:..

Monday, May 14, 2007

Heartbreaking

I'm sitting in the Williams Coffee Pub by the bay front working on my overdue assignment, sipping on a bottle of juice. There are 2 kids, brothers I presume, that have come into this establishment a couple times, and each time, make a beeline to the condiments section of the store. Both times, they fill their hands with crackers, and both times they tear off running to consume them outside.

I don't know their stories, I don't know what kind of family situation they find themselves in, and I don't know why they're taking crackers. For all I know, these kids could have a stable home that provides 3 meals a day and a set of loving parents, and maybe for them, coming in to take crackers could be their version of getting kicks from "stealing". But what I do know is that there are millions of children in North America who survive a day to day existence with much less than condiment crackers.

My heart breaks and weeps for a reality such as this to be the one we live in.

1 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger indigo:actress, entertainter, jew-ess... said...

word...
you need to watch human traffiking...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home