..:Yahtzee:..

Friday, April 13, 2007

8:06am

That's when it all happened this morning in Charlotte, North Carolina. My brother and sister in law went into the hospital for the c-section. From the first incision to the final snip, everything went according to plan.

At 8:06am, Ethan was born. Weighing in at a whopping 4lbs 8oz, he was in my brother's arms for a good 30 minutes before being taken to the neonatal intensive care unit to receive some help with his weak breathing. Although that sounds scary, my brother has informed me that this is normal for children who are born premature. My sister in law Liz is recovering, but hopefully she'll be able to go see Ethan as soon as she is able.

As for me, I'm still glowing from the news that I'm an uncle!!!!! I'll be going town to Charlotte next Wednesday, so hopefully I'll be able to take some pictures and share 'em with y'all.

I wanted to thank all of you who were praying for Dennis, Liz and Ethan. Judging by the comments and emails I've gotten, I'm surrounded by some of the most caring and loving people in the world, and it's really meant a lot to me.

8:06am...man, that's got a nice ring to it.

4 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger Margie said...

Amen!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Jen K said...

YAY!!!!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Congratulations Uncle Kevin! Enjoy spoiling the little one! Hoping for a speedy recovery for Liz and for little Ethan to grow stronger and stronger each day. Can't wait to see pictures.

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

chenman... that post... made the empty cavity in my chest swell...
that's really amazing news.. esp. on friday the 13th! WHICH, coincidentally... is a lucky # for jews.. so HA! it worked!
ps. you'll be getting an email from me later...
xoxo
the jew-ess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home