..:Yahtzee:..

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Return

This morning, I awaken to find my brother already gone for work. Although I was a bit sad I wasn't conscious to say goodbye, he left a little note on the table. So I fire out a reply email to him and begin preparations for my morning glory known to the world simply as 'The Barrel'.

After I shower, pack my stuff and check my email one last time, I make my trek to the nearest Cracker Barrel. If you haven't been, then friends, you have not yet lived. My usual order is the country fried steak, which is a beef tenderloin (i think) that has been battered and fried to a golden, delicious grey/brown. It is then put onto a beautiful white plate and adorned with scrumptious gravy, although I usually ask to have the gravy on the side. But this time, I discovered that they have a different version of the country fried steak called 'Grandpa's country fried breakfast'. The difference between these two meals is price and sides. For the country fried steak meal, you get your choice of 2 or 3 (depending on which restaurant you go to) vegetables. I love the baby carrots, hash brown casserole, and if they have it, sweet potato casserole. If not, I get either corn or the fried apples. But with the Grandpa's country fried breakfast, the sides are grits, 2 eggs and either hash brown casserole or fried apples. I went with the casserole, and squealed like a pig in slop when I took the first bite of hash browns coated in cheese and seasoning.

Anyways, it was a fantastic way to wrap up a fantastic trip to visit my fantastic brother in a not really all that fantastic city, even if they have a Cracker Barrel.

2 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Jen K said...

I LOVE the hash brown casserole. Haven't had that in years. Do I hear road trip?

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Jaci said...

I love Cracker Barrel....they have great corn bread.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home